1. It’s too Late! I didn’t have time to lose weight! Guess what? None of us did. What we care about is you and that you are alive and that we get to see you again. Hopefully we are all old enough now to get past how we look. We all have put on a few pounds, lost some hair and gained a few wrinkles. I think Gahr Gladiators are like fine red wine, we get better with age. Don’t let this stop you from enjoying what should be an amazing time reminiscing and celebrating our mutual history together.
2. I don’t remember anything about high school. I think it’s safe to say that we all feel that way in some way or another. Many of us want to forget certain events about our high school days. We have forgotten classmate’s names, what classes we shared, certain events or memories. We are all searching to put missing pieces of the memory puzzle together, I know I am. We need each other more than ever to help us all remember the good things about high school. It’s a reset, we are coming together to help each other find those great moments, heal some old wounds and make some new friends.
3. I was shy and quiet in high school. So was 90% of our class. Not everyone was in the popular crowd and we’ve all grown up since then. We have come into our own 30 years later. We shouldn’t let the past dictate our future. We are coming together for the purpose to reconnect with our past and some awesome people we share a common bond with. Growing up in Cerritos in the 70’s & 80’s was a unique and special time in our lives. I think it’s like a safe harbor for all us ships that have set sail. Let’s come together and see where it goes. I’m sure we will all be pleasantly surprised.
4. Nobody will remember me. That’s okay. That is why we are coming together. To share a common past and to make some new friends with people we share that past with. It’s gonna be fun recognizing some people and discovering who we’ve become.
5. I am a grumpy old person, who doesn’t like people. Okay, you got me on this one. Maybe it is a good idea to stay home. Actually, get over it and put a smile on your face and come on out and have the time of your life.
6. I am struggling with some old hurts from high school. Believe it or not this is one of the biggest reasons people don’t come to reunions. It is also the best reason to come, because most people who have felt this way find healing. Those old hurts and rivalries don’t exist anymore and for those of us who reach our 30th class reunion, these are replaced by talk of grandchildren and other major life events. Some of those people we had rivalries with want to say they are sorry too. Don’t miss this great opportunity to move forward.
7. I was popular in high school but I’m not a Gazillionaire. Well that’s ok. Welcome to the club. We are not gathering to brag about what we’ve done or how much we have, that was the 20 year reunion and we didn’t have one. Now it’s time to pull together and just be who we are. Honestly no one cares about the drama in high school (unless we still are that way) so come with your smile on and get ready to have some fun.
8. I’m scared to death. I think all of us are a bit scared if we are honest with ourselves. Absolutely! Class reunions may happen everyday, but ours only happens once every 10 years or so. This is your opportunity and if you have the means to go, then do it. Forget the anxiety; none of us are the same person we were 10 or 20 years ago. It’s been 20 years since our last reunion and who knows what is going to happen in the next 10 years. Let’s do this together!
9. I feel so old! Yes,we’re older, wiser, and the people who pushed us around when we were kids are nothing to be feared anymore. By coming to our class reunion, we gain the opportunity of re-establishing some friendships we may have forgotten about or forging new ones we might never have considered. For one night, we’ll be able to relive some of the fondest memories of our lives and have a chance to make some new ones.
10. I’m friends with most of these people on Facebook, I don’t need to go. As we all know, our Facebook lives are just a small part of our real lives and even though we post about things we eat, when we workout and great selfies, there is way more to us than what you see on Facebook. Come out and fill in the blanks and get to know the real people. Facebook will be so much more meaningful and there is more we can relate to about each other.
Don’t miss this once in a 10 year opportunity! Let’s face it, we aren’t getting any younger and we need to stick together. This is our time to celebrate where we come from. Go Gladiators!